Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm From Detroit....Bail Em Out!

My friends, family, and acquaintences are from Detroit...and the surrounding area.  I vote for a bailout of the industry.  I do this from a Christian perspective.  There are literally millions of people who depend upon the health of the auto industry to live from day to day.  

When I say a "Christian perspective" I do not say so with a faint heart.  The dollars are enormous and the predicictability of it being successful is dubious.  Nonetheless, I support it.  Why?  Because so many people's security is at stake.  Lee Iococca bailed out Chrysler.  Successfully, I might add.  It was with the help of good ole Uncle Sam...but he did it.  I think that the scrutiny placed upon the current leaders of the big three will make them change their ways.  Traveling to DC on private jets sent the wrong signal to the rest of America.  They feel it and will change.  They will change...they being the very leaders of the automobile industry.

I believe that the very fundamental notion of survival will influence those in charge to change their ways.  I also believe that the unions will be more understanding in what it takes to run a successful business.  Thier security lies in the viability of the companies for which they work for ( I know...ending a sentence with a preposition is a no no...did it anyway).

These are trying times for the automobile industry, which employes millions.  Uncle Sam can help, and help, I pray he will.  These fine folks will rise to the challenge and do a great turnaround.  They will sacrifice, foregoe previous arrangements, and break through with great products.  I believe in the American dream...as does those in Detroit and other cities that feed this great machine.  

Just my two cents worth.
Marty

No comments: